When you log in to DevResults, the first page you see is your dashboard. Each user can design their dashboard to show information relevant to them. Dashboards are edited by editing, arranging, resizing, adding, and removing tiles.
On this page:
The dashboard view allows you to create multiple views that you can configure base on user and audience needs. To create a new dashboard, click the (+) button on the menu next to the default dashboard.
Once you click the (+) button, you can then select whether to create a new dashboard or add an existing one.
You can select Add Existing Dashboard to add a shared dashboard by clicking on the (+) Add button which will give you a view-only copy that reflects any changes the owner makes. If you want to be able to edit a copy of a dashboard that another user has created, click the (+) Add as a copy button.
To add tiles on the new dashboard, click the (+) Add Tile button at the bottom of the page.
Select which tiles you would like to add. If your tile is specific to an indicator, you will then specify which indicator you are interested in. You can do so by clicking on the drop down menu and clicking on the indicator you would like to add.
You can also change the title and color of the tile before clicking (+) Add to create the tile.
The interactive tile will then appear on your dashboard.
You can reposition your tile by dragging/dropping the colored bar at the top. You can resize it by clicking/holding the lower right-hand corner while adjusting the size.
The new dashboard also allows you to configure the way in which each tile is structured. To do so, click the gear icon on the top left corner of the tile. Depending on the tile, you can choose to download the selected tile, make changes to the way data is being calculated and displayed, and change the style of the visualization. You can also filter
There is a variety of tiles that you can show on your dashboard:
- Indicator Map - Choropleth map for any single indicator.
- Indicator Pie Chart - Pie chart for a single indicator.
- Indicator Targets and Actuals - Column, stacked column, line, and area graph for a single indicator.
- Indicator Value - Actual result value for a single indicator for a reporting period or cumulative over time.
- Program Statistic - See Awarded, Obligated, Disbursed for information about program statistic options.
- Activity Map - Shows administrative divisions, map overlays, and/or locations to which activities are assigned.
- My Bookmarked Activities - List of (and links to) your bookmarked activities.
- My Bookmarked Indicators - List of (and links to) your bookmarked indicators.
- My Tasks - This tile shows any tasks assigned to you from all activity checklists. See Checklists for more information.
- Markdown Text - This tile allows you to add formatted text to your dashboards. You can also use this tile to link to saved reports, documents, etc. elsewhere on your DevResults site.
NOTE: The Activity Map tile on the dashboard shows all geographies in DevResults that are assigned to activities, whether or not indicator results are reported at those locations.
Each DevResults site can have only one default dashboard. The default dashboard appears for all new users. It is uneditable by users who see it. Changes to the default dashboard will show up when a user refreshes the dashboard, navigates back to it, or logs in next. Users can remove the dashboard from their dashboard view by clicking the x at the right end of the dashboard's tab.
Users with the View & Edit permission on Program Settings can designate a different dashboard as the default for their site.
To do so, click the Manage Dashboards button in the upper right.
This will open the Manage Dashboards Index. The Default column will show a checkmark for the current default dashboard:
To change the default, click on the dashboard you'd like to make the new default. This will open the Configure Dashboard pop-up. In the Configure Dashboard pop-up, check the box next to Use as the default for new users. Then click Done.
To push a dashboard to other users, navigate to the Manage Dashboards page.
Select a dashboard that is shared and then click the green Push button.
You can now select which users you would like to share this dashboard with.
Click Push once you have completed selecting users.
If you'd like to share one or more dashboard tiles with people outside of DevResults on your website, you can do so using an embed code. To embed a particular tile, click the gear icon on the top left corner of the tile. At the top of the configuration options, you'll see a blue Embed button which opens a pop-up window to change the name of the embedded tile, change the default size (width and height in pixels), and finally generate an embed code that can be used in any website or intranet application.
Didn't answer your question? Please email us at email@example.com.