To add a new Activity in DevResults, click on the grey Activities tab that exists at the top of every page.
You will be taken to the Activities page, where you can click the (+) New Activity button.
Note: If you cannot complete this function, then you do not have permission to add activities in DevResults. Please speak with your supervisor.
In the popup, give the activity a name and click (+) Create Activity.
You will be taken to the activity's Overview tab where you can add other information about the activity.
This includes reference information, including:
- Short Name - such as the name everyone uses when speaking about the activity
- Reference Number - such as the grant number
- Code - such as an additional internal code for the activity
And descriptive information.
To configure a new activity in DevResults for reporting indicator results, the activity must be associated with a number of other elements in DevResults to enable some functions. Other fields are optional.
These elements include:
- Status: You must select a status to find this activity when filtering by status.
- Mechanism: You must select a mechanism to find this activity when filtering by mechanism.
- Dates: You must add dates in order for this activity to appear on the timeline or to find this activity when searching by date.
- Reporting Periods: You must add the reporting periods for which this activity will report indicator results or narrative results.
- Results and Indicators: You must assign the results and indicators for which this activity reports data. You can look at the Assign an Indicator to an Activity page for more information.
Organization Info: You must add the partner organization that will manage this activity in order to enable that organization's DevResults users to report indicator results and narrative results for this activity.
- Partner Type: You can select a Partner Type to indicate what type of partner relationship this is.
- Primary Contact: You can optionally add the primary contact for this activity.
- To add organizations, users, or partner types, click the relevant buttons below the grid. Once you've added them, clicking the Done button will bring you back to this screen.
- Staff Roles: You must assign users in order for those users to be included in emails generated by DevResults about reporting activity and from communication in the Discussion tab.
Finally, for this activity to be completely set up for reporting indicator results and narratives for each of its reporting periods, you must Assign a Geography to an Activity.
Didn't answer your question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.