DevResults manages access using permissions groups. In plain English:
- Users are assigned to a single group.
- A group is defined with an access level for each part of the site.
This makes it easy to see a user's permission and to update permissions quickly for a type of user. As soon as you add or remove permissions from the group, permissions are updated for all users in the group.
This page includes information about:
Note: Permissions for internal user groups (groups without the "partner" designation) apply to all activities, indicators, etc. It is not possible to grant access to some indicators and activities but not others.
In contrast, access for partners and partner managers is automatically limited to their activities, indicators, data, documents, etc. Learn more about how partners gain access to activities.
Every site comes pre-built with several permissions groups. You can edit the permissions for these groups or create additional groups:
- Owners: Can configure the system's global settings and lists. Can manage user accounts and logins, reset passwords, and assign permissions.
- Managers: Can mark checklist items as approved. Can sign off on results data submitted by partners.
- Partner Managers: Can manage users for their organization and also edit information for their organization's activities
- Partner Contributors: Users from other organizations with limited access to activities they implement.
- Contributors: Can log into the system to manage activities.
- Viewers: Can log into the system, browse activities, and view reports. Cannot change anything.
- No Access: Cannot log into the system. (Generally used when users have left your organization.)
For each group, permissions are defined for each part of DevResults:
- Activity Discussions
- Activity Forms
- Activity Overview
- Custom Queries
- Data Table Contributor
- Data Table Manager
- Embed Codes
- Geographic Information
- Indicator Definitions
- Indicator Results
- Indicator Targets
- Program Settings
- Reporting Periods
For each category, you can assign one of three levels of access:
- View & Edit
- No Access
There are additional roles for each group with a yes/no checkbox:
- Checklist Approver
- Dashboard Manager
- Deliverable Approver
- No Access
- Partner Manager
- Results Data Approver
- Submit Indicator Results
Go to Administration > Groups to read more about each permission and role.
Partners are users who belong to a permission group with either the "partner" or "partner manager" role checked. Partners are granted access to individual activities when they are assigned to an activity. Partners can be assigned to activities:
- On the user's profile page (Administration > Users > select user), or
- On each activity's overview tab in the Staff Roles and Partner Access section.
For instructions on how to add a user to a group or change their group, see Change a User's Permission Group.
Didn't answer your question? Please email us at email@example.com.