Key points from the video
DevResults provides a number of easy-to-use visualizations and reports for your indicators. Under Results > Overview, you can see thumbnail graphs of indicator results. Click on an indicator for more visualization options. If your site doesn't have data yet, use demo.devresults.com.
- The units and legend are included automatically.
- Use the left-hand configuration panel to modify the graph.
- Select a disaggregation to display.
- Toggle between incremental and cumulative views of indicator results.
- Change the color pallet with the pallet dropdown.
- Explore different graph styles.
- Use the timescale toggle to label the x-axis with either reporting period names or the calendar year.
- Filter the data in your graph to only results for particular activities or particular geographies.
- Any graph can be downloaded as a PNG file.
- The grid tool is a pivot table that enables you to rearrange the same data into many different summary reports.
- The top row lets you apply filters to choose which indicator results you want to include.
- The second row lets you choose how to display the data by rows and columns. You can subdivide the rows or columns. If the indicator has targets, you can include them alongside the actuals.
- The report can be downloaded to Excel.
Note: Grid will soon be replaced by Matrix.
- You can zoom in on the map to examine results for each geographic place.
- In the left-hand panel, select a base map.
- If your data is disaggregated geographically, you can aggregate the information to larger administrative divisions using the “reporting level” dropdown.
- The “result type” dropdown lets you choose whether to view data for a single reporting period (incremental), or all data up to that point (cumulative).
- You can filter the data in your graph to only results for particular activities or particular geographies.
- The reporting period slider lets you choose which timepoint to view.
- The map can be downloaded as a PNG file.
Pie Charts [4:58]
- Pie charts might be useful for examining disaggregations, but cannot capture change over time.
- Choose: which disaggregation to plot, whether to show or hide the legend, your preferred color palette, and the donut or pie option.
- Filter the data in your graph to only results for particular activities or particular geographies and choose which timepoint to view.
- The visualization can be downloaded as a PNG file.
Pito Reports [5:52]
- DevResults' main query tool, Pito, allows you to make grid reports of multiple indicators.
- Use the results frameworks on the left to choose one or more indicators to include in the report. The indicators are shown in italics. Disaggregations, if applicable, are selected under each indicator.
- Then, design the report using the same tools as the grid visualization (see above).
Uncategorized Data [7:07]
- If you see the warning, "your report contains uncategorized data," you're trying to divide the data in ways that it can't be divided. Most commonly, you might be trying to view data per activity that was not reported per activity, or to view data per location that was not reported per location. For example, an indicator reported per region cannot be viewed per location.
- Resolve the issue by changing your row and column selections to only divide the data in a way compatible with how it was reported.
Share Reports [8:08]
- Saving a report gives it a unique URL (or web address) that you can send to any DevResults user with access to this page.
- Any time you visit the report, it will show updated information if data has been edited or added.
- You can view any of your or your colleagues' reports at any time.
- To modify someone else's report, first make a copy by going to the “saved reports” menu and choosing “copy report” and then “rename report”. Next, click on the configuration gear to make any desired changes.
Having trouble? See Video Tutorial Tips for tips on viewing our video tutorials.
Didn't answer your question? Please email us at email@example.com.