In this page:
Before you upload a spreadsheet containing data, there are a few quick tips to get you started:
- Your Excel spreadsheet should have columns for every column in the data table. It can have more columns than are in the data table, but it should not have less.
- While your Excel spreadsheet column headers can be anything, the import will go faster if your spreadsheet's column headers match the data table column headers.
- DevResults provides you with data table templates that you can download and fill with new information.
- Be sure your Excel spreadsheet is saved in a location that you can easily access before you begin the upload process.
- Records uploaded from Excel will appear in the data table in the exact order they appear in the spreadsheet.
Once you have a spreadsheet containing data, from any screen in DevResults, click the Results tab at the top and click on Data Tables.
From the next screen, click on the name of the Data Table you'd like to enter data for.
This will display the Data tab for this data table. You have the option of downloading an empty template that you can use to fill in any new information, or download all data in that data table. which you can use to update existing data.
If you choose to export all existing data and do not want to create duplicates of this information in the uploading process, delete all rows in the spreadsheet that you do not want to make changes to before uploading the revised data table.
To upload a spreadsheet with data, click the gear icon in the top right corner, and then select the Import data option.
You can click the Choose File button or drag and drop your spreadsheet into the popup box.
Browse to the file you created earlier and select it. The system will try to map the columns in your spreadsheet to the columns in the data table--if you used the same column headings, it should do this flawlessly. If you named the columns something else, you can select the correct column title from the dropdown of column names. Review the settings here to make sure they match properly. If you don't want to import a column, you can uncheck the Import field option.
The data table has now been updated with the new information. '
Once the data is imported, you'll return to the spreadsheet view of the data table. You can now make edits to the data online, or download a spreadsheet containing the entire data table.
To make updates to existing rows, select the Download all button.
Once you've made the changes to your Excel spreadsheet, select Import data to begin the upload.
You can review the data that you are uploading in the Import Data popup. The KeyValue column will indicate the rows with updated data (ones with KeyValues) and any new rows being added (ones where KeyValue is blank). In the example below, three rows are being updated and one new row of data is being added.
In the example below, we have filtered to the spreadsheet we just imported and you can see that only one row (the row added) is associated with it.
To review the rows changed in the spreadsheet we imported, click on the gear icon and select Import History. You can then download the spreadsheet you want to review.
Didn't answer your question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.