Before launching your DevResults site, our goal is to acquire a set of program information to set up a site that is fully functional for reporting indicator results. The better organized this data is, the faster a client will be ready to launch.
- Install Chrome: DevResults manages large amounts of data, complex queries, and advanced mapping tools. These features are designed to work on modern web browsers such as Chrome. Internet Explorer does not support DevResults' data entry and mapping tools.
- Buy a Headset: Individuals will need a headset with a microphone, or headphones plus a laptop with a built-in microphone, or headphones plus a computer with an external microphone. It is imperative that all individuals have their own headphones and microphones. Conference calls might sound fine to the client who plays sound from their computer speaker, but it is extremely difficult for DevResults staff to understand multiple individuals speaking into one microphone at various distances, which is further complicated by the feedback loop caused from their microphone picking up sound from their speakers.
- Meet Virtually: First, we will meet several times using Zoom (virtual conference software). DevResults will walk you through all the information we need. The goal of initial meetings is to establish a common language and explain the way the program information relates to the site structure.
- Populate Template: DevResults provides an Excel template that captures the minimum set of information needed to create your site, such as indicators, frameworks, users, etc., and how they relate to one another. The process of creating this template will be a back-and-forth exchange where you add your relevant program information and we assess the structure for completeness and advise on options that can suit your workflows. Please refer to DevResults Information Requirements for an outline of the program information needed.
- DevResults Builds Draft of Website: DevResults staff will build a draft version of the new client's website using the template. Once complete information is provided by the client, building the draft site will take our team just 10 business days. If we need to work with the client to acquire program and M&E information required for setup, then creating a draft site will take however long a client needs in order to provide complete information. N.B. It is not necessary to have final M&E plans for all activities or implementing mechanisms prior to creating a DevResults site, but the more we can set up in advance, the faster the client will be able to use DevResults for program and data management.
- DevResults Offers Flexibility: Some clients adopt DevResults to help manage and inform the creation of their M&E plans from scratch. In this case, we're happy to create a site that will facilitate piecemeal addition of program information by the user. We offer training on both configuration and usage aspects.
- Launching the "Final Starting Point" for your DevResults Site: We can recreate your DevResults site as many times as needed from the information in the setup template. When we recreate the site from an edited template, any changes that have been made online are erased. The decision is yours as to when you move from editing the structure of your site in the setup template to finalizing the starting point for your online DevResults site. We can recreate your DevResults site from an edited setup template within 10 business days.
- Training: An appropriate staff training plan is developed on a case-by-case basis for each client. This might include a combination of an in-country visit, remote online trainings, or working with DevResults partners who consult on M&E and data management in DevResults.
Didn't answer your question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.