Users have the option to enter narrative responses to supplement indicator data for each reporting period. This article covers how to enter and export narrative responses.
For instructions for partners, please see our article for Enter Narrative Responses (Partner).
For help with formatting text in narrative responses, please see our article for Formatting Text.
If you are an administrator and would like to edit the narrative questions, please see our article on how to Manage Narrative Questions.
To enter narrative responses, navigate to an Activity Reporting Period page. To do so, go to the Data menu and select Per Reporting Period.
Click on the reporting period you would like to enter narrative responses for.
Click on one activity.
Click on the Narrative tab. This page shows each narrative question posed to each activity for each reporting period. Add responses by clicking on the grey suggestion text, then either pasting in text or typing it in directly.
There are four options for exporting narrative responses. You can export narrative responses for:
- One activity for one reporting period
- All activities for one reporting period
- All responses for all reporting periods
- It is also possible to embed narrative responses in a Word document using Forms. For instructions on how to do so, please see our article about How to Use Forms.
1. For one activity for one reporting period, go to Data > Per Reporting Period, select a reporting period, select an activity, and then choose Download narrative responses in the gear menu.
2. For all activities for one reporting period, go to Data > Per Reporting Period, select a reporting period, and then choose Download narrative responses in the gear menu.
3. For all responses for all reporting periods, go to Tools > Custom Queries and click Export next to the Complete Narrative Response Export query.
Didn't answer your question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.