DevResults has a ton of cool features that go beyond entering indicator results and managing activities. Below, we've provided a comprehensive list of topics that a DevResults expert can do and explain. When we visit your country or headquarters, we train staff on as many of these topics as we can, with an emphasis on the tools most relevant to your workflows.
Get Ready for Training:
- Download Chrome: Other browsers (like Internet Explorer) do not support DevResults' complex mapping and data querying tools.
- Make sure your training site account works. Most likely, we will use your training site rather than your live DevResults site for all training. Contact your site administrator if you cannot access your training site.
- Get a Headset: For remote training, it is extremely difficult for us to communicate with folks unless they are wearing headphones and using their own microphone. We simply can't hear very well if you play our audio on speakers or have a single microphone in a room with several people.
List of DevResults Topics:
- Activities:How to set up an activity from scratch. DevResults sets up new programs with their current information already built-in, but users will need to understand this configuration in order to update and maintain this information going forward. This extends to:
- Results Frameworks
- Users (understanding permission levels, editing permission levels)
- Indicators: All aspects of indicator definitions (disaggregations, reporting levels, units, tags)
- Aggregation of Data: Understanding how data is aggregated automatically by geographic level and what it means for data to be associated with a point (city/hospital) or a shape (region/country)
- Geographic configuration for administrative divisions & locations/facilities:How to configure the places where an activity reports data
- Computed Indicators:How to configure computed indicators, plus why and when to use them
- Data Table Reporting:How to add an edit data tables (data tables use individual-level records to populate indicator results)
- Data Table Indicators:How to configure indicators that are populated with data from data tables
- Partner Reporting: How partners should report data using the online templates or DevResults Excel templates
- Troubleshooting Reporting: How to troubleshoot common problems partners have with reporting data
- Narrative Reporting:How to manage narrative reporting in DevResults
- Staff Reporting: How internal staff should manage internally tracked data (not reported by partners)
- Geographic Analysis of Data: How to review geographically aggregated data by activity and across activities by indicator
- Mapping: How to view choropleth maps and how to filter information on the primary map tool
- Custom Reports of Indicator Results: How to create reports of indicator results across multiple indicators/disaggregations/geographies
- Custom Reports of Program Information:How to create forms to generate reports/paperwork from DevResults
- Logic Checks: How to create logic checks for indicator results
- Program Management:
- How to create and manage checklists
- How to create checklist templates
- How to manage activity- and program-level calendars
- How to use the timeline view and when calendar/checklist items should appear
- Dashboard Configuration:
- Search Box: What the search feature does and doesn't do
- Documents: How to upload documents
- The workflows the documents feature is good for
- The workflows the documents feature is not good for
- Communicating in DevResults:
- How partners can submit data and communicate about their indicator results
- How staff can return data to partners for clarifications/edits
- How staff can use DevResults to communicate internally
- Budget: Advise on future use of budget features once we build links to current accounting software
- Exchange Rates: Add and use exchange rates
- Administration: Control system settings in the administration menu
- We strongly recommend setting up established internal workflows for who's responsible for which tasks within DevResults. To help you with this process, we provide the Internal Workflows for Managing DevResults template.
Didn't answer your question? Please email us at email@example.com.