When you log in to DevResults, the first page you see is your dashboard. Each user can design their dashboard to show information relevant to them. Dashboards are edited by editing, arranging, resizing, adding, and removing tiles.
In this page:
The dashboard view allows you to create multiple views that you can configure base on user and audience needs. To create a new dashboard, click the (+) button on the menu next to the System Default dashboard. Please note that the System Default dashboard is view-only and cannot be edited. Once you click the (+) button, you can then select whether to create a new dashboard or add an existing one. You can select Add Existing Dashboard to add a shared dashboard by clicking on the (+) Add button which will give you a view-only copy that reflects any changes the owner makes. If you want to be able to edit a copy of a dashboard that another user has created, click the (+) Add as a copy button.
To add tiles on the new dashboard, click the (+) Add Tile button at the bottom of the page.
Select which tiles you would like to add.
If your tile is specific to an indicator, you will then specify which indicator you are interested in. You can do so by clicking on the drop down menu and clicking on the indicator you would like to add.
You can then change the title and color of the tile before clicking (+) Add to create the tile.
The interactive tile will then appear on your dashboard.
You can reposition your tile by dragging/dropping the colored bar at the top. You can resize it by clicking/holding the lower right-hand corner while adjusting the size.
The new dashboard also allows you to configure the way in which each tile is structured. To do so, click the gear icon on the top left corner of the tile. Depending on the tile, you can choose to download the selected tile, make changes to the way data is being calculated and displayed, and change the style of the visualization.
Types of Tiles
There is a variety of tiles that you can show on your dashboard:
- Indicator Map - Choropleth map for any single indicator.
- Indicator Pie Chart - Pie chart for a single indicator.
- Indicator Targets and Actuals - Column, stacked column, line, and area graph for a single indicator.
- Indicator Value - Actual result value for a single indicator for a reporting period or cumulative over time.
- Program Statistic - See Awarded, Obligated, Disbursed for information about program statistic options.
- Activity Map - Shows administrative divisions, map overlays, and/or locations to which activities are assigned.
- My Bookmarked Activities - List of (and links to) your bookmarked activities.
- My Bookmarked Indicators - List of (and links to) your bookmarked indicators.
- My Tasks - This tile shows any tasks assigned to you from all activity checklists. See Checklists for more information.
NOTE: The Activity Map tile on the dashboard shows all geographies in DevResults that are assigned to activities, whether or not indicator results are reported at those locations.
Editing the Legacy Dashboard
We're in the process of phasing out the legacy dashboard. We strongly advise you to switch to only using the new dashboards. In the meantime, here are some tips if you must use the legacy dashboard:
To add a widget, click on (+) Add Widget in the bottom right of the dashboard.
Select which type of widget you'd like to add and click (+) Add.
The widget will appear at the bottom of your dashboard. You might need to scroll down to find it. The widget will appear with default formatting and information. Edit the widget by clicking on the gearbox in the top left of the widget.
In this example, the widget shows a graph of targets and actuals for one indicator. You can change the name of the widget, the color, and which indicator is displayed. Then click Done.
You can reposition the widget by dragging/dropping the colored bar at the top. You can resize it by clicking/holding the lower right-hand corner while adjusting the size.
Didn't answer your question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.