Before you upload a spreadsheet containing data, there are a few quick tips to get you started:
- Your Excel spreadsheet should have columns for every column in the data table. It can have more columns than are in the data table, but it should not have less.
- While your Excel spreadsheet column headers can be anything, the import will go faster if your spreadsheet's column headers match the data table column headers.
- One very easy way to create a spreadsheet template to use for this process is to go to the Data Table and click the Download All button on the right.
- If you use this option, either delete or just ignore the KeyValue column.
- Be sure your Excel spreadsheet is saved in a location that you can easily access before you begin the upload process.
- Records uploaded from Excel will appear in the data table in the exact order they appear in the spreadsheet.
Once you have a spreadsheet containing data, from any screen in DevResults, click the Results tab at the top and click on Data Tables.
From the next screen, click on the name of the Data Table you'd like to enter data for.
This will display the Data tab for this data table.
To upload a spreadsheet with data, click the Upload Spreadsheet button to the upper right of the table.
Click the Choose File button.
Browse to the file you created earlier and select it. The system will try to map the columns in your spreadsheet to the columns in the data table--if you used the same column headings, it should do this flawlessly. If you named the columns something else, it will mark them as "Do Not Import." Review the settings here to make sure they match properly. In this example, they don't because we renamed the columns from "# of xx students" columns to Male and Female.
If the mappings are correct, you can skip to the next step. If they aren't, simply click the dropdown arrow under the bold column and select the spreadsheet column you want entered in that column.
Once you've confirmed the column mappings are correct, click the Next button in the lower right-hand corner of the Upload Data pop-up:
You now have two options:
- Add new rows to table will insert the rows in your spreadsheet while leaving existing data intact. Use this option if your spreadsheet only contains data collected since your last upload (periodic).
- Clear out existing rows and uploads before importing this upload will remove all existing data so that your data table only contains the data in your spreadsheet. Use this option if your spreadsheet contains all the data you want in the data table (cumulative).
Select the option that suits your needs and click the Import Data button in the lower right corner.
Once the data is imported, you'll return to the spreadsheet view of the data table. You can now make edits to the data online and download a spreadsheet containing the entire data table.