There are two ways to enter indicator results:
- Using an Excel template (as shown on this page)
- Entering data online
Mix and match data entry
You can use a combination of entering data online or in an Excel template. For example, you might start out entering some data online for your activity, but then download the Excel template to finish work offline. This will download any results that you've already entered. Once you upload your Excel template, you will still be able to edit those results online until you are ready to submit your data for review.
First: From any DevResults page, go to Results > Reporting Periods.
Click on the reporting period for which you'd like to enter data.
Click on the activity for which you'd like to enter data.
Now you are viewing your Activity Reporting Page. This includes a list of all the indicators for which your activity should report results for the selected reporting period.
To report data using an Excel template
1) Click on the gear icon and select "Download results data".
2) On the popup window, make sure all technical areas are selected if you want to report on all of your activity's indicators. Otherwise, check the boxes for just the indicators for which you want to report results. Click "Download". This downloads an Excel file to whatever folder your computer uses for downloads, such as the Downloads folder or your computer's Desktop.
Would you prefer a separate template for location or facility where you report data? Check the box for "Export each location as a separate worksheet". This will download a zipped file with templates for each location or facility. Be patient; it might take several minutes. When you've collected the completed templates, put them back into a zipped folder (you can change the names of the files and folder) and then upload the zipped folder.
3) Fill out the Excel template like any normal Excel file. You can change the name of the file, but the file will not let you change the row or column headings.
- There is a tab for each reporting level for each technical area (such as prefecture-level reporting for area 2.3 and location-level reporting for area 2.3 -- the first two tabs below).
- In each tab, the rows show the places (location/facility/district/region/etc.) where you should report indicator results.
- The columns show the indicators (plus disaggregations) that your activity should report. There is a column to enter comments for each indicator for each place.
- You do not need to enter any totals for an indicator's disaggregations or for all locations. DevResults does this automatically.
If any of the places where you need to report indicator results do not show up, you might need to:
- Add a location or a facility
- Assign a geography to an activity
- Check the configuration of activities to reporting periods to technical areas to places
If any of your indicators do not show up, you might need to:
4) When you're ready to upload your data, click on the gear icon and then "Upload results template" on the activity's reporting page.
5) Select the file from your computer's folders and then click "Open".
6) A popup window appears with a progress bar while the system imports and validates your spreadsheet. When it's done, click "Upload". All indicator results are now stored online. You can view totals on your activity reporting page or click on each indicator for details.
This completes the upload of indicator results via reporting template.
Didn't answer your question? Please email us at email@example.com.